Tuesday, April 5, 2011

On The Hunt...

     I've spent the last month writing and rewriting another picture book manuscript that has yet to have a title.  It stars Jack the dog, a character from my first self-published picture book from two years ago.  Now that I have a final draft, I am now ready to search out a publisher.  I've got five publishers lined up to send the manuscript out to.
     Since last February, I have been in talks with a writer/director of horror films who has been helping rewrite my horror script.  An email from him a month or so ago, advised me to seek out an agent.  So that's what I'm in the process of doing.  This week I will be sending out query letters and I can't wait to see what turns up!
     I recently became a featured writer for Starburst magazine and continue to freelance for my usual publications.  Though sometimes I feel as though I have taken on too much as far as trying to juggle a freelance career and an author.  I feel I'm failing at finishing my YA novel, "Blood Pressure," and keep telling myself that I will finish a first draft by this fall.  I hope so.

Below is my first published picture book, "Jack's Dreams Come To Life."

Synopsis:
Failing to find mischief on his ranch, Jack falls asleep under his favorite tree.  His dreams, which include a giant squirrel and squeak toys that come to life, provide him with more trouble than he can handle.


www.amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment