Monday, September 13, 2010

Murphy's Law

A few weeks ago, I had made the decision to cut back on my freelance writing and focus more on my YA novel "Blood Pressure."  The next week I received two article assignments from the same editor of two magazines.  I got a "Yes" from two of the queries I sent out a month ago, so there was two more writing assignments.  Now, I'm not complaining - not by a long shot, but it just goes to show you that when you're not looking whatever you want finds you.  Maybe the universe is trying to tell me that I shouldn't give up freelancing completely.  However, I am in a bit of a rush to get a first draft of my novel done by February, because I'm attending my first writing conference in San Francisco.  I will be signing up for the "Speed Dating With Agents."  This may be a stretch I know, but the story is based on a short story I wrote under the same name.

No comments:

Post a Comment