Monday, August 2, 2010

Quoting Virginia Woolf

"A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction."

Technically I have both, but still feel stifled by my surroundings, which prevents me from being creative. I seem to be stuck writing for magazine, which I love and am grateful to the ones that I write for, but I wish I could churn out creative prose on a daily or weekly basis.

Soon I am to move into my very own home, and somehow I feel that the creative juices will flow then - at least I hope so. By then I will have a "room of my own," and be earning a steady paycheck working part-time at my dad's dental office. I could be lying to myself in order to put off procrastinating the need or want to write. I know I'm losing essential skills in order to cohesively put together a story and make it believable and readable.

Who knows what will happen, but I will soon find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment