Monday, August 23, 2010

Keeping A Schedule

I know. I know. The best part of being a writer is not having to answer to "the man" and not having to live by a schedule.

But, sometimes I need a schedule to help keep me on track. So, every Sunday I write out a schedule - listing what I need to do that week. The schedule consists of days to work on my magazine articles, setting time aside to work on either my short stories or novel and making sure I get at least 5 queries sent out.

I leave my schedules pretty loose, meaning that I never set a goal of pages to write or a word count. If I did that, I would drive myself insane and be guilt-ridden if I wasn't able to adhere to this strict a schedule.

Let me know what your schedules are.

1 comment:

  1. I don't really have a scedule. I'm a flounderer lol I get to my office, start writing, flick to blogs, webpages, chat, facebook...arghhhhh. Then panic because my books behind scedule. BUT,in saying that. I always get there in the end. lol

    ReplyDelete