Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Self-Promotion Is Harder Than It Sounds

On July 28, 2008, my picture book for kids ages 3-7 titled "Jack's Dreams Come To Life" available on www.amazon.com.

So far only a few and I mean a few copies have been sold. I've had 15 blogs review it, I've advertised it on websites and in my local paper once. I've gotten it in to a couple of independent bookstores. My marketing package included a 500 postcards to send out and I've send out a 1/3 so far.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to promote my book better? I'm trying to raise money for my local Humane Society. For every copy sold, I will donate $1.00.

Any help is appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. how long is it? i'd post it on wattpad.com like the first half or something and if they want the rest they can buy it or download buy it or somethign. I did that with my wattpad account (search danaeayusso) and have sold more than 100 books in less than 6 months and am a featured artist and it helped to land me an agent to rep all of my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice. Thank you so much. BTW it's 24 pages.

    ReplyDelete