Monday, January 25, 2010

A Big Opportunity Could Be On The Way...

I think that's why I have a huge case of writer's block. About four months ago, I submitted my horror script to a well-known horror director. He read it and liked, but said he couldn't do anything with it now. He asked me to pitch him another idea and I did. He liked it and said he wanted me to write the script and submit it to him.

With a month of writing, I'm only on page 22 out of 90. I set a goal for myself to have it done by the end of February. I don't know what I'm going to do. I went to school to be a screenwriter, have written several scripts, but now can't seem to remember how to write one!!

I think that part of my writer's block stems from the fact that this is a big opportunity for me. I found someone who is interested in my work. Is there a such thing as being afraid of success?

Some other possibly good news is that I have another director looking at the first script. I got an email from saying that his producer is going to read it first.

The horror genre is something that I'm in love with. All I watch is horror films. Through my work as a contributing writer for Gorezone magazine, I have made some really great contacts with big names in the horror industry. I've written for Fangoria and Scars magazine. I consider myself extremely lucky, but can't seem to wrap my head around finishing this damn script.

I'm not afraid of the "no" I'm afraid of the "yes."

2 comments:

  1. HI Sara-

    Fear of success is very real, and is actually more harmful in many ways than fear of failure :)

    Do you ever do stream of consciousness writing? Maybe that would work to get you going again!

    Best wishes!!!!

    I do still need to get back to you about the book purchases! I haven't forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great opportunity. Don't let it intimidate you!

    ReplyDelete